A declaration of fatherhood is required in case the parent(s) of a Hungarian citizen apply for the registration of the birth of their child abroad in Hungary, however, the parents were not married at the time of the child's birth.
Conditions of application
The condition for submitting the application is that one of the parents can prove his / her Hungarian citizenship both at the time of the child's birth and at the time of submitting the application.
If it cannot be proven, a Hungarian citizenship verification process is required of the applicant(s) first.
Documents to be submitted
- The child's original Israeli birth certificate (which includes the mother's birth surname and first name, also known as the maiden name) with Apostille authentication, and its precise Hungarian translation. (In case the birth certificate is already bilingual – English-Hebrew, no translation is required. Apostille or notarial certification is not required for the translation itself)
- Hungarian birth certificate and Hungarian address card of the parent of Hungarian citizenship, and copies thereof.
- Electronically completed and printed, but not signed application form
- Proof of the identity and Hungarian citizenship of the Hungarian parent: a Hungarian passport or identity card or naturalisation document and their copies. The document proving the Hungarian citizenship must have been valid at the time of the birth of the child and the parent must also prove valid citizenship at the date of application.
- Proof of citizenship and identity of the non-Hungarian spouse: a valid Israeli passport and its copy.
- Copy of the ID card for the non-Hungarian citizen parent
Method of submission
The application has to be submitted in person after prior appointment. For information on booking an appointment, please see our "General Information - appointments" page.
The joint presence of both parents is required to initiate the procedure.
Duration of procedure
The process is completed immediately and registered.
Please see the consular fee table.