From 21 May 2021, Hungarian citizens who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in Israel with a vaccine that is also used by Hungary, and possess an official Israeli vaccination certificate, can apply for a Hungarian immunity certificate (free of charge):
- in person in any Hungarian government office (kormányablak), or
- online, at Magyarorszag.hu (for Client Gate (Ügyfélkapu) account holders).
The vaccination certificate must include:
- the type of the COVID-19 vaccine,
- the date and the place of vaccination.
Also with the application, one must provide:
- personal identification details
- copy of the ID used for personal identification
- the postal address (where the immunity certificate will be sent) and
- if one possesses, a Hungarian social security number (TAJ-szám)
The immunity certificate is issued by the competent authority within 15 days.
Hungarian citizens vaccinated in Israel, who have submitted their application for the Hungarian immunity certificate, or wish to submit the application after their arrival to Hungary, can enter Hungary without isolation obligation!
In case you wish to hand in your request personally at one of the government offices (kormányablak), you must fill out this form and present it upon arrival to Hungary.
For more information, please visit the following website (in Hungarian only): https://www.kormanyhivatal.hu/hu/hirek/tajekoztato-vedettsegi-igazolvany-kiallitasarol
Further information on applications submitted via Client Gate can be obtained by calling the Government Customer Line: +36 1 550 1858.
Please note that our Consulate has no influence or competence over the application process and we therefore cannot provide any further information on this. We appreicate your understanding.
Important: foreign citizens in possession of an EU Covid vaccination certificate may enter Hungary without qurantine restrictions and may use Hungarian services equally to citizens possessing a Hungarian immunity certificate.