Passport applications has to be submitted in person, after prior appointment. For information on booking an appointment, please see our "General Information - Consular Reception" page.
Application fees can be paid by credit card only.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WHEN APPLYING:
APPLICANTS OVER THE AGE OF 18
- Current Hungarian passport
- Israeli valid passport or ID
- Hungarian certificate of birth and marriage issued by the Hungarian authorities
In case you possess the following documents, you need to present them as well:
- Hungarian address card
- Certificate of Citizenship („honosítási okirat”)
- Hungarian certificate of change of name („névváltoztatási okirat”)
- Marital names or a name that has been changed can only appear in your Hungarian passport if you already registered your marriage/name change in Hungary beforehand, and you have received the certificates confirming these from Hungary.
- In case you are applying for a new passport due to your current Hungarian passport having been stolen, an official record from the Police on your report of the stolen document is necessary. In this case, there is no fee.
APPLICANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
- both parents must be present
- Child’s current Hungarian passport
- Child’s valid Israeli passport
- Both parents’ valid Israeli passport or ID
- Hungarian birth certificate of the child issued by the Hungarian authorities
- Hungarian marriage and birth certificate of the Hungarian citizen parent issued by the Hungarian authorities
In case you possess the following documents, you need to present these as well:
- Hungarian address card of the child and the Hungarian citizen parent
- Certificate of Citizenship („honosítási okirat”) of the child and the Hungarian citizen parent
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12
- The child does not have to appear in person (however: children between the age of 12 – 18 must be present!)
- 1 passport photo is necessary with the following requirements: passport size – 35X45 mm - photo with white background only. The face must be in focus, have good contrast and accurately reflect the person’s skin tone. No glasses. The photo may contain only the person applying for the passport, even if the application is for a baby or a young child. The person should look directly into the camera with a natural expression. The eyes must be open, the mouth closed with no smile or other emotions present. As well as being fully open, the eyes must not be covered or partially covered by hair, head coverings or any other object.