In order to apply for a Schengen Visa at the Consulate you should book an appointment in advance by phone on: 03-545-6666 or by email at email@example.com. Visa appointments are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 13:00 till 15:30.
- the main (based on the number of nights) or only destination of your stay is Hungary within the Schengen Area;
- the date of your planned departure to the Schengen Area is within 6 months of the date of application.
What you will need to bring to the appointment is:
- Schengen-Visa application form – filled out (http://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/visa-application-forms) (Please keep in mind that you can download the form in any language but you should fill it out in English)
- 1 passport size photo
- Passport (needs to be valid for 3 more months from the time of return)
- Hotel reservation / Letter of invitation
- Flight tickets
- Certificate from place of work
- In case you are a student--- certificate from the relevant university
- In case you are unemployed--- a letter from the person financing your trip
- Travel insurance / medical insurance
- Bank account statement of the last 3 months
- In case you are a student--- your parents bank account statement of the last 3 months & a written statement from the parents taking responsibility of all your costs and copy of a valid passport.
- In case you are unemployed--- bank account statement of the last 3 months of the person financing your trip & a written statement from that person taking responsibility of all your costs and copy of a valid passport.
- Price list
- Accepted means of payment: credit or debit card / cash payment at any post office / bank transfer.
- Note: We do not accept cash.
Length of the procedure:
- Schengen visa applications will be decided on within 15-20 calendar days of the date of the lodging of an application. That period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases.
- Residence permit visa applications will be decided on within 1-1,5 month.
Important: in case the lenght of your stay in Hungary exceeds 90 days (e.g. with the purpose of pursuing studies, work, gainful activities, or family reunification, etc.), you should apply for a residence permit. For further details about the application process and requirements of a residece permit please see the relevant page of the competent Hungarian Authority, the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing. http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en
What can you do, when your visa has been refused?
You may appeal against this decision. The decision to refuse a Schengen visa and the reasons for the refusal are notified using a standard form that is handed out by the Member State's consulate that refused the visa. The notification of the refusal will include the reasons, on which the refusal was based and information on the applicant’s right to appeal the decision.
The visa fee is not refunded if the visa is refused. The visa fee covers the cost of the examination of the visa application.
If a visa application is rejected, the applicant or his legally authorized representative has the right to appeal in writing within a period of 8 days after the date on which the applicant is notified of the refusal of the visa at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary, after paying the 130 ILS procedural fees.
The decision will be made by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary within 15 days.
If the ministerial decision still concludes that the applicant does not meet the conditions for obtaining a visa, it will again set out in detail in writing the reasons why the appeal has been rejected.
The applicant may appeal this decision within 3 days by filing an action at the Consular section of the Embassy with the Administrative and Labour Court in Budapest. There is no further legal remedy against the decision of the Administrative and Labour Court in Budapest.
For reasons of data protection, information about individual visa applications may only be provided to the applicant personally or to a person whom the applicant has authorized in writing to receive such information.
General Visa Information: http://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/how-to-apply-for-visa